Home staging is a technique used to dress or stage a home so that buyers can really see it at its best. In essence what you must do is make your home appeal to the broadest range of people.
Decide on the best features of your property and work to highlight these.
- Clear out your valuables, as you are likely to get numerous visits.
- Polish door knobs, handles.
- Prune plants that take up space. Make your home more visible.
Clean the property so it is spotless. This is important and only takes a bit of effort so don?t neglect this.
- Open up windows, curtains and let in air and light.
- Clear and the bathroom of any items such as toothpaste, perfumes, cosmetics, etc.
- Clean all sinks, baths, toilets floors so it is sparkling.
- Hang up some nice towels and try and co-ordinate this with the rest of the room.
- Use an air freshener in the bathroom and keep it fresh.
If your room has too much furniture, remove some and only keep the necessities and some set pieces. Arrange the furniture and display the best features of the room. Make sure the layout is easily accessible and spacious.
- Have some nice music playing in the background.
- Hang up some nice pictures or decorative pieces.
- Put on the air condition or heater so the home is comfortable, even if the home is vacant.
- In the kitchen clear out any dishes.
- Clean work tops and remove appliances. Place as much away or in storage.
- Have a bowl of fresh fruit or freshly baked bread to give that homely feeling.
- Clear out any leaves, sticks garbage and clutter around the exterior.
- Sweep patios, decking, pathways etc.
- Remove traces of pets such as hair, droppings & smells.
Use this checklist so you are always ready to implement these points for your property. You should be able to get your home ready for inspection within the hour should someone want to visit.
You are granted permission to reprint/republish this article on your own Web Site, in your own ezine, autoresponder series, product, bonus items, or any other format as long as it is not altered in any way.
Copyright 2004 By InsiderPropertySecrets
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Home Decorating Secrets & Home Improvement Tips,
Strategies & Tactics, Proven To Add Value & Profit To Your Home.